Sunday, February 20, 2005

Geek.com PDA/cellphone Review: i-mate JAM

Geek.com gave the Jam 5 geek heads, and I agree with them, Although I like the JAM, one of my friends has it and it is wonderful, but I am still waiting for MDA IV

Geek.com PDA/cellphone Review: i-mate JAM
Conclusion

The I-mate JAM is an incredible device, and I still have doubts about giving it up. I look forward to a version with more RAM and integrated Wi-Fi running Windows Mobile 2005 this fall. If size is a criterion for you and you are indecisive about a Smartphone or Pocket PC, this is definitely the device for you since it is so much more powerful than a Smartphone and is not limited in applications you can use. If I weren't such a thumb-keyboard fan then this would be my device (along with the RAM upgrade). The JAM is one HOT device right now, and I highly recommend you visit David's site first when looking to purchase a SIM-unlocked device not available here in the US

Ratings Defense

I give the I-mate JAM the full 5 Geekheads for Quality, since the device is very well built, the processor is quick, the display is very well saturated (I think that is the word for amazing colors) and bright, the battery life is amazing, and the form factor is the best you can find in a Phone Edition device.

For Geekness I award the JAM 4.5 Geekheads due to the fact that Carrier Devices and HTC fit a full Pocket PC into such a small form factor, along with the addition of a mobile phone. If there were more RAM and Wi-Fi then I would have given it 5 Geekheads.

This is the best compact Phone Edition device out there, and it was an easy decision to award the JAM a Geek.com Pick!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home